Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library
The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library, 109 S. State St. in Hampshire, offers a variety of programs this winter. For details, call (847) 683-4490, email email@example.com or visit ellajohnsonlibrary.org. Library hours are: 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Thursday; 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday; 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday; and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday. No storytimes will be held Jan. 4 and 21.
* Join in "Read-Opoly," an all-ages reading program that will be held Jan. 15 to Feb. 28.
Get in the game and play Book Bingo this winter. Pick up a game card at the front desk and follow the directions in each square to make a bingo. Complete one bingo to be entered into a prize drawing. Complete two bingos to earn a free game or puzzle at the game swap. Fill your bingo card and win a book to keep as a prize and have a nameplate placed in a library book.
If you have old board games and puzzles you're not using anymore, bring them to the library to be traded in for "new" games at the "Game Swap." For every game/puzzle you donate, earn a ticket to be redeemed for a new game. Earn an extra ticket by completing two Book Bingos in the reading program. Bring in your donations Feb. 1-23; make sure donated games contain all their pieces and are in good condition. Redeem your tickets Feb. 24-28.
* Kick off the "Read-Opoly" reading program with the movie about a mysterious board game, "Jumanji," rated PG, at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 15. No registration is required. Popcorn will be served.
* For the Read-Opoly "Trivia Bonanza," test your knowledge and your fast fingers with the Game Show Gurus Tuesday, Feb. 12. Families and children can sign up for the 5:30 p.m. time slot. An adults-only event will take place at 7 p.m. Prizes will be awarded. Registration is required. There will be 30 slots available per time; families will share one buzzer.
Bring your child in for drop-in story times.
* The Preschool Storytime for children ages 2 1/2 to 5 years old will be from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 3:30 to 4:15 p.m. Tuesdays, and 6:15 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
* The Toddler Storytime for ages 18 months to 2 1/2 years, will be from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Fridays.
* The Baby Lap-Sit Storytime for infants to 18 months old will be from 11:30 a.m. to noon.
* The Pingree Grove Preschool Storytime for ages 2 1/2 to 5 years old will feature stories, songs, and hands-on activities. It is offered from 6:30 to 7 p.m. the second Monday of the month, Jan. 14 and Feb. 11, at Cambridge Lakes Community Center.
* In "Reading to Rover," get reading practice with Adeena the Comfort Dog from St. John Lutheran Church from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, except Jan. 1, Jan. 15 and Feb. 12.
* "cRaZ4 cRaFt," for third- to fifth-graders, will be offered at 4 p. …