Students Can Get Help Applying for College Aid at Bilingual Sessions
Byline: College of Lake County Submission
College applicants and their parents can get bilingual assistance to complete and submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid at sessions across Lake County this winter. All sessions are scheduled in computer labs that enable the students to submit the application electronically upon completion.
The FAFSA must be completed by all students who wish to access federal and state financial aid. Many colleges and universities also require it in order to receive institutional aid. Students seeking Illinois Monetary Assistance Program awards are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
For the sixth consecutive year, a group of Lake County organizations have worked together to recruit volunteers, obtain training from Illinois Student Assistance Commission staff and schedule a series of workshops, each of which will have at least one Spanish-speaking volunteer.
All college-bound high school seniors and their parents, prospective adult students and current college students are invited to attend one of the following free sessions:
* Tuesday, Jan. 22: Cristo Ray Saint Martin De Porres High School, 5:15-7:15 p.m.
* Wednesday, Jan. 23: Waukegan High School (both Campuses), 3:30-5:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Jan. 26: Cristo Rey Saint Martin De Porres High School, 9-11 a.m.
* Wednesday, Jan. 30: NEIU/University Center (Grayslake), 3:30-5:30 p.m.
* Tuesday, Feb. 5: Mundelein High School, 6-8 p.m.
* Saturday, Feb. 9: Highland Park High School, 9 a.m. to noon
* Sunday, Feb. 10: Waukegan Public Library, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
* Tuesday, Feb. 12: College of Lake County (Grayslake), 9-11 a.m. and 6-8 p.m.
* Sunday, Feb. 17: Waukegan Public Library, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
* Wednesday, Feb. 20: Waukegan High School (both campuses), 3:30-5:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Feb. …