House of Delegates Sessions, July 14-17, 2013 Chicago, Illinois
Sunday, July 14, 2013
1. Speaker of the House of Delegates Cynthia Boyle called the House to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Speaker Boyle introduced the head table, including Speaker-elect Philip Hritcko, and announced Lawrence M. Brown would serve as the 2013 Parliamentarian and that the Speaker, Parliamentarian and House Secretary Lucinda L. Maine were available for consultation on matters coming before the House throughout the meeting.
3. Credentials Committee Chair Robin Zavod reported the presence of a quorum in the report of the Credentials Committee. One hundred and eighty-four (184) of the 258 authorized delegates were seated.
4. Speaker Boyle noted that sessions would be conducted according to the House Rules of Procedure and agenda contained in the Rules with the current edition of Roberts Rules of Order.
5. Speaker Boyle introduced the Association of Faculties of Pharmacy of Canada President David Edwards who presented an update from the Association.
6. The winning schools for the 2013 Script Your Future Challenge were announced as follows:
* National Award Winners
** St. Louis College of Pharmacy
** University of Charleston School of Pharmacy
* National Award Winner: SYF Market
** University of the Pacific Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy
* Health Disparities Focused Award
** Touro University California College of Pharmacy
* Chronic Condition Focused Award
** University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
* Creative Interprofessional Team Event Focused Award
** St. Louis College of Pharmacy
7. Speaker Boyle called upon Alex Adams from the National Association of Chain Drug Stores Foundation to make announcements related to several programs of the Foundation. He announced the expansion of the NACDS Foundation Faculty Scholars Program to now engage eight faculty in career development efforts focused on key priorities of the chain drug industry.
8. Speaker Boyle called upon Whitney Cowart from the National Community Pharmacists Association to announce the finalists for the NCPA Business Plan Competition. The finalists were University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy, University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy, and University of the Pacific Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
9. Speaker Boyle introduced AACP President-elect Peggy Piascik. Her address was entitled "The Relentless Pursuit of Excellence" and she announced the chairs and charges for the standing and special committees that will advance AACP member priorities in the year ahead.
10. Speaker Boyle announced the passing of the following pharmacy educators and then called for a moment of silence in their memory:
* Dr. Glenn D. Appelt, University of Colorado
* Mr. Thomas C. Bernhardt, University of the Sciences
* Dr. Frank W. Bope, The Ohio State University
* Dr. Angele D'Angelo, St. John's University
* Dr. Avis J. Ericson, Loma Linda University
* Dr. Gilbert J. Hite, University of Connecticut
* Dr. Doris M. Jackson, Texas Southern University
* Dr. Kathleen A. Johnson, University of Southern California
* Mrs. Amy E. Lodolce, University of Illinois at Chicago
* Dr. Alvin "Al" M. Malkinson, University of Colorado
* Dr. Domingo Rodolfo Martinez, Samford University
* Dr. Maven J. Myers, University of the Sciences
* Dr. Lucy N. Ngoh, Ferris State University
* Dr. Frank D. O'Connel, West Virginia University
* Dr. Susan M. Paulsen, Regis University
* Dr. James Robertson, Jr., Texas A&M Health Science Center
* Dr. Amy W. Rudenko, Virginia Commonwealth University
* Dr. Stephen M. Setter, Washington State University
* Dr. …