Professional Networks and Programs Available for Careers in Public Service: Have You Wanted to Strengthen and Grow in Your Federal Career, but Are Not Sure How? There Are Numerous Opportunities for Federal Employees or Those Interested in Public Service Careers to Tap into Existing Networks and Programs across the Government
GovLoop is the "Knowledge Network for Government" consisting of more than 100,000 federal, state, local government, and industry professionals. Its mission is to improve government through collaboration and engagement.
Members have access to a variety of knowledge-based programs such as:
* free online training and educational events
* research guides and infographics
* blogs and newsletters. Website: www.govloop.com
Next Generation of Government
The Next Generation of Government Training Summit educates, inspires, and promotes innovation for new and rising leaders in government. Training sessions are mapped to the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Senior Executive Service Executive Core Qualifications.
Through NextGen, newer generations in government are able to:
* participate in workshops, interactive sessions, and office hours with government leaders
* learn new skills that can be immediately executed in the office
* hear from top federal officials, senior executives, and managers around government.
The Pathways Programs provide meaningful training and career development opportunities for individuals who are at the beginning of their federal service. Students or recent graduates can choose from one of these programs:
* Internship Program
* Recent Graduates Program
* Presidential Management Fellows Program. …