Current Drugs, Ltd. Announces DrugNet.Com
Current Drugs, Ltd. has announced the forthcoming availability of DrugNet.com, a new Internet-based service for the international pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. DrugNet.com will integrate specialist databases, decision support software, and competitor intelligence services from a range of publishers and software vendors servicing the biomedical and pharmaceutical sector.
According to the announcement, DrugNet.com addresses the growing need to support and enhance the knowledge management and competitor intelligence activities of companies engaged in pharmaceutical research and development. Recognizing that companies need to access information from a wide range of public and privately held databases to support these activities, DrugNet.com allows them to mix and match a range of pre-built components for searching and hyperlinking databases with tools to analyze the information from a competitive intelligence perspective.
Commenting on the new service, Ian Tarr, managing director of Current Drugs, Ltd., said: "DrugNet.com answers the need, often cited by the pharmaceutical industry, for a system which brings together both data and data analysis tools that are specifically focused on this industry's requirements. We have worked closely with our pharmaceutical customers to identify the most important information sources from their standpoint and to develop the tools necessary to mine and analyze information from those sources."
"We already have a successful customization program that gives subscribers to the intranet version of our Investigational Drugs database (IDdb) the ability to extend its native functionality and its content in this way. With DrugNet.com, we will be making much of this more generally available via the Internet, which will particularly benefit the small-to-mediumsized company sector," said Tan.
Using the DrugNet.com site, a company will be able to assess the strategic focus of a competitor (or potential partner) and monitor its ongoing activities:
* Accessing information on its R&D pipeline from a selection of R&D monitoring services, bibliographic databases, and bioinformatics resources
* Mapping its intellectual property portfolio by extracting high-level data from specialist patent databases
* Analyzing its financial performance by mining data from key financial databases
* Assessing sales forecasts for its current and future product ranges from leading market analysis
* Drawing on expert knowledge held in specialist reviews and evaluations from leading scientific opinion makers and industry commentators
* Obtaining instant access to breaking news via aggregated real-time news feeds
* Creating both detailed reports and statistical and graphical analyses of research outcomes via a suite of Competitor Intelligence tools
* Tapping into and managing knowledge held within their own company through a structured, knowledge-sharing environment