The Great Bible Quiz This Week Is National Bible Week, an Annual Event to Promote Bible Reading. the Bible Is the All-Time Best-Seller, but Religious Researcher George Barna Says Only about a Third of Americans Regularly Read Scripture. How Well Do You Know the Bible? Here's a Chance to Test Yourself
1. "God helps those who help themselves" is in what book of the
C. It's not in the Bible
2. Which one of the following men did not personally know Jesus?
3. What did Jesus do for a living?
A. He was a fisherman
B. His followers supported him
C. He was a carpenter
4. How many books are in the Old and New Testaments?
5. Who is credited with writing the first five books of the Bible?
C. King Solomon
6. What is another name for the first five books of the Bible?
A. The Torah
B. The Koran
C. The Epistles
7. Name three prophets?
A. Matthew, David, Nicodemus
B. Deborah, Ezekial, Jeremiah
C. Solomon, Jacob, Josiah
8. Who were Moses' brother and sister?
A. Ruth and Amos
B. Leah and Jacob
C. Aaron and Miriam
9. Who was the first king of Israel?
10. Who was Noah's wife?
A. She isn't named
B. Joan of Arc
11. Name the books of the Bible Jesus wrote?
A. The Gospels
B. Proverbs and the Ten Commandments
12. What was Jesus' first miracle?
A. Walking on water
B. Healing the 10 lepers
C. Turning water to wine
13. Who was the first martyr?
14. What was Paul's original name?
15. Who built the first Temple in Jerusalem?
16. Which Jewish woman became queen of Persia?
17. Who planted the first vineyard?
18. What happened to John the Baptist?
A. He disappeared into the desert
B. He was beheaded
C. The Bible doesn't say
19. What prophet walked around naked for three years?
20. What was Jacob's name changed to?
21. Who was Mary's cousin?
B. Mary Magdalene
C. Martha of Bethany
22. What king had 700 wives?
23. What biblical father shaved his head when he heard his
children had been destroyed?
24. What Hebrew interpreted dreams for the pharaoh of Egypt?
25. What Philistine died when he was hit in the head with a rock?
26. Who laughed when she heard she would bear a child in her old
27. Who was the only female judge in Israel?
28. What gift did an exotic dancer ask of King Herod?
A. Thirty pieces of silver
B. The head of John the Baptist
C. To bear his son
29. What Babylonian king destroyed Jerusalem?
30. Which apostle didn't believe Jesus was resurrected?
31. What Hebrew married the pharaoh's daughter?