LEXIS Publishing Adds Two New References to Matthew Bender Authority Series
LEXIS Publishing has announced the release of the Matthew Bender Computer and Telecommunications Law CD-ROM. The single CD-ROM combines analysis, sample agreements, and primary source material, and contains comprehensive and authoritative coverage of evolving areas of the law. LEXIS Publishing has also announced the release of the Health Care Law Library, which will be added to the Authority CD-ROM series.
The expert-authored components of the Computer and Telecommunications Law CD-ROM allow users to represent clients effectively with easy access to important and up-to-date information in this competitive and complex area of law.
According to the announcement, the CD-ROM contains all major publications dealing with computer law:
* Computer Law covers the protection of computer software under intellectual property (copyright, patent, and trade secret) laws. It also covers multimedia and Internet issues as related to computer law, and the legal implications of the Y2K problem. Litigation attorneys further benefit from coverage of the application of the laws of evidence and discovery procedures as they apply to computer-based information.
* Telecommunications Regulation: Cable, Broadcasting, Satellite, and the Internet tracks the government's regulation of the means of transmitting information over the Internet, by satellite, and through cable and television. It also monitors the development of new communications technologies as they emerge, and explores the complicated Telecommunications Act of 1996.
* International Computer Law provides a practical guide to international information technology law, including the national copyright protection systems of the European Union and 65 countries. It also analyzes European Union competition law as applied to the information technology industry.
* Computer Contracts covers the full range of contracts for buying, selling, leasing, and licensing hardware, software, and services. It also inlcudes legal analysis, sample clauses with commentary, and complete contracts to help legal researchers handle contracts for computer users and vendors, marketing arrangements, software development, maintenance, and licensing arrangements.
* The LEXIS Cyberlaw Case Database, updated quarterly, contains the most recent decisions, allowing the user to track and monitor evolving trends in computer and telecommunications law. It includes related cases from the following courts: U.S. Supreme Court from 1834; U.S. Courts of Appeals from 1847; U.S. District Courts from 1913; U.S. Court of Federal Claims from 1959; U.S. Bankruptcy Courts from 1980; U.S. Court of International Trade from 1982; and State Courts from 1875.
Computer and Telecommunications Law is available on CD-ROM and in print, allowing practitioners to choose the format that best suits their needs.
Health Care Law Library
According to the company, the Health Care Law Library CD is a one-stop. …