Libertyville Board Weighs Turn-Restriction Proposal
Waller, C. L., Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL)
Byline: C. L. Waller Daily Herald Staff Writer
Libertyville village board members will decide Nov. 10 whether they want to use turn restrictions to stop cut-through traffic in the southwest part of town.
The closing of West Golf Road for construction this summer prompted resident complaints, and those snowballed into a series of volatile meetings with the village board's streets committee.
The committee delayed voting on turning restrictions last month, and instead recommended to the full village board on Tuesday a group of less intrusive actions:
- Shorten the lead left-turn arrows of existing traffic signals on southbound Butterfield Road to eastbound Golf Road, and on northbound Milwaukee Avenue at westbound Greentree Parkway and Golf Road. That change would require approval from the Lake County Division of Transportation and the Illinois Department of Transportation.
- Prohibit right turns on red for westbound Golf Road to northbound Butterfield Road from 3 to 7 p.m. daily.
- Prohibit right turns for northbound Butterfield Road to eastbound Golf Road, Fairlawn and Crestfield avenues, and Crane Boulevard between 6 and 9 a.m. (except buses)
- Shorten green-light time on Golf Road at Butterfield Road. That change would require approval from the Lake County Division of Transportation.
- Prohibit U-turns and turn-arounds west of Butterfield Road on Golf Road and Crane Boulevard. …