Best & Brightest
- John Plunkett of Long Grove, a member of the Loyola Chapter of the American Institute of Architecture Students, took part in the annual Newhouse Program in model-making. Sponsored by the Chicago Architecture Foundation and the Chicago Public Schools, the event was held on the campus of the Illinois Institute of Technology with IIT professors and graduate assistants providing guidance.
Plunkett is a junior at Loyola Academy in Wilmette.
- Christine Cline of Wheeling a senior at Loyola Academy, Wilmette, was presented with Cook County Sheriff Michael F. Sheahan's Youth Service Medal of Honor for volunteering more than 100 hours of service last year. The award was given at a Nov. 25 ceremony at the James R. Thompson Center in Chicago.
- Augustana College, Rock Island, named the following students to the fall term dean's list for the 2002-2003 school year for earning a minimum grade point average of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
Wheeling: Jacqueline H. Becker, a first-year student majoring in general studies, daughter of Craig and June Becker; Angela Morgenthal, a sophomore majoring in general studies, daughter of Donald and Mary Ann Morgenthal; and Elyse D. Lucas, a first-year student majoring in general studies, daughter of Joe and Debbie Billetdeaux of Mount Prospect, and Jim Lucas of Wheeling.
- Jamey Kamrath of Wheeling graduated with a bachelor's degree in community-public relations from the University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point at the Dec. 14 commencement ceremony.
- David Goode of Wheeling been elected a director of the Dads Association at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. …