US Steel Appoints Environmental Affairs General Manager
* United States Steel Corp. appointed James T. Volanski general manager-environmental affairs. Most recently, he was manager of the environmental department at the company's Great Lakes Works.
* Joyce Fankulewski joined Koppers Inc. as an environmental manager in the corporate environmental department. She most recently was director of environmental affairs for Envirotrol Inc.
Banking and finance
* Harvest Financial Corp. promoted Jason Messick to vice president and Anthony C. Hladek to chief operations officer. Messick has been with the firm 16 years. Hladek has been with the firm since 1997.
* Robert Taskey was promoted to senior investment officer in National City Bank's private client group, Pittsburgh location. He previously was vice president and portfolio manager at the bank's Kalamazoo, Mich., private client group location.
* Michael W. Dowling joined Standard Bank as an investment representative. He has five years investment experience.
* S&T Bank appointed Russell Manski branch manager of its new Squirrel Hill location. He previously worked at Citizens Financial Group and Mellon Financial Corp.
* Carson R. Greene Jr. was re-elected chairman of the Pennsylvania Bankers Association Public Affairs Committee Board of Directors. He is senior vice president/government and community relations manager for First Commonwealth Bank, Indiana, Pa.
* Case Sabatini named Gil Davis as a partner. He is managing director of the firm's sister company, CSD Financial. Davis joined Case Sabatini in 2005 after serving as a partner in another regional CPA Firm.
* KFMR Katz Ferraro McMurtry P.C. hired Matthew R. Miller as a manager in accounting assurance and advisory services, Rachael Mostoller as a senior accountant and Gina Rizzuto as a staff accountant in client accounting services.
* At Grossman Yanak & Ford LLP: Steven M. Heere was promoted to senior manager of the assurance and advisory services group. He has 11 years of public accounting experience. Angela M. Marasti and Susan M. Harry were promoted to senior accountants in the tax services group. Marasti joined the firm in 2002. Harry has almost 10 years experience. The assurance and advisory services group hired Thomas J. Krahe as a senior accountant. He has two years auditing experience. The firm hired these staff accountants: Scott J. Trickett, Larry A. Diday and Clay J. Sefter. The tax services group hired these staff accountants: Rebekah A. Entwistle and Joy M. Clark.
* Fox Rothschild LLP hired Brandon D. Richards and Cynthia Yializis as associates in its Pittsburgh office. Richards, in the tax and estates department, focuses his practice on employee benefits. Yializis, in the corporate department, is a registered patent attorney who focuses her practice on intellectual property.
* Jun H. Yu and Nicole H. King, attorneys at Meyer, Unkovic & Scott LLP, were appointed to the Minority Bar Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. Yu is a partner in the firm's corporate and business law group. …