Banking and finance
LTSave announced Laura Alspaugh was named chief investment officer.
* Alpern Rosenthal announced Carl Hockenberry was named senior manager and associate director of quality control in the accounting and auditing department.
* Chemel Kornick & Company LLC announced Eugene J. Logan was named partner.
* Reed Smith LLP announced the addition of the following seven Pittsburgh partners: Alicia G. Powell, investment management; Steven M. Regan, real estate; Shanan R. Stewart, corporate and securities; Todd Zerega, investment management; Joseph E. Culleiton, financial services litigation; Gavin P. Eastgate, regulatory litigation; and Kim M. Watterson, appellate.
* Edgar Snyder & Associates announced Janet Best was named chief operating officer.
Advertising, public relations
* MARC USA announced the following staffing changes: Al Hazen, creative director; Francis Cleetus, associate creative director; and Alison Cercone, art director.
* LarsonO'Brien Advertising, Public Relations and Interactive announced Dan Tambellini was promoted to director of PR strategy.
Erik Scheifele, D.M.D., was named director of the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine's Center for People with Special Needs, which will open in the spring.
Communifax Corporation announced the following new hires: Rob Schwartz, information technology manager; and Richard Geary and Gerry Kreitzburg, developers.
* Anne V. Lewis joined The Children's Institute's board of directors. She is a member of the steering committee for "The Campaign for an Amazing Future" and serves on the government relations committee.
* Glade Run Lutheran Services added the following board members: James Thompson III, executive director of Parental Stress Inc.; Charlotte Hurd, owner of Renaissance Day Spa in Cranberry; Keith A. Colonna, Sr. …