Pishkin Elected to Board of Clinical Psychology Publishing
Dr. Vladimir Pishkin, director of clinical research at Willow View Hospital, and Professor of Psychiatry, OU Health Sciences Center, has been elected to the board of directors, Clinical Psychology Publishing Co. Elected at the 97th annual American Psychological Association convention in New Orleans, La., in August., Pishkin was also reappointed editor-in chief of the Journal of Clinical Psychology.
The company is in its 46th year and publishes professional and scientific books, psychological evaluation instruments, and eight professional journals. . .
- St. Anthony Hospital has opened its new childbirth center, "Joyful Beginnings". Joyful Beginnings' single room maternity care combines advanced technology and highly trained medical personnel to ensure safe, personalized care for both mother and baby.
Joyful Beginnings contains 14 labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms, plus traditional delivery facilities. In the new childbirth room, the mother can experience the entire event in the privacy of her own room. One nurse coordinates the care of the mother and baby.
The room includes the adjustable birthing bed, relaxer chair for father or other family members, refrigerator, rocking chair, television and other special amenities. . .
- Jerry B. Farley, vice president for business and finance at Oklahoma State University since August 1986, has been named vice president for admininstrative affairs at the University of Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City. Farley's appointment is effective Oct. 1. He replaces Gary Smith, who left the university a year ago to accept a position with the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.
Farley's responsibilities will include overseeing the budget, computing services, educational support services, operations, personnel services, and purchasing departments. . .
- Dr. Jeff Sabine has moved to Bethany to continue his practice which specializes in family medicine. Sabine will assume the care of retiring Dr. John Bumpus' patients. His offices are located in the Western Oaks Medical Center, 7330 NW 23rd St., Bethany. . .
- John McQuistion, D.O., has joined the weight management practice of G. Michael Steelman M.D. Inc. McQuistion will provide additional medical coverage to the Bariatric Clinic in north Oklahoma City. The Steelman Clinic is located at 13301 N. Meridian, Building 400. . .
- Dr. Carl R. Bogardus has been renamed secretary-treasurer of the American College of Radiology for 1990-91. The announcement was made during the ACR annual meeting in Seattle, Wash. Bogardus is professor and vice-chairman of the department of radiological sciences, director of division radiation therapy and radioisotopes research at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center in Oklahoma City. He is attending radiologist at Midwest City Memorial Hospital and a consultant to other hospitals. . .
- Joe E. Mcdonald has been appointed head of Bethany General Hospital and Pavilion's pharmacy department. McDonald comes to Bethany from Enid and has an extensive background in hospital pharmacy management. . .
- Regional Athletic Center for Everyone has announced the opening of its Saturday Sports Injury Clinic, open each Saturday from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. at 8121 National Ave., Suite 306, Midwest City. The clinic offers medical care and treatment for elementary school to college athletes with acute injuries sustained during school-sponsored sporting events. Student athletes injured during any type of school-sponsored sporting event will be accepted on a walk-in basis.
The Saturday Sports Injury Clinic and Injury Hotline are staffed by orthopaedic surgeons Drs. Paul R. Miller, and Robert F. Hines. The center is a service of Orthopaedic Specialists Inc. of Midwest City. . .
- The Referral Center, the Central Oklahoma Affiliate of The National Council on Alcoholism, is sponsoring an open house on Friday, 1 p. …