Ou Law Professor Appointed to Chair National Committee
Leo H. Whinery, the Alfred P. Murrah professor of law at the University of Oklahoma, has been named chairman of the Curriculum Evaluation Committee of the National Judicial College.
Whinery's duties as chairman will include studying and making recommendations for the improvement of the judicial college's curriculum. The judicial college, based at the University of Nevada in Reno, was founded in 1964 through the leadership of the late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Tom C. Clark.
The college is charged with the judicial education and training of the nation's trial judges.
Whinery will serve with a committee of 13 members representing constituencies of the judiciary. Whinery, who also is adjunct professor of judicial studies at the University of Nevada, is faculty coordinator of the advanced evidence course and chairman-elect of the faculty council at the National Judicial College.
- John R. Preston has become of counsel in the Oklahoma City law firm of Kirk & Chaney, 1300 Midland Center, 134 Robert S. Kerr Ave. Preston's practice is in the areas of banking, business, corporate, commercial and bankruptcy law. . .
- An estate planning seminar featuring Roy M. Adams, author, speaker and partner with Schiff Hardin & Waite of Chicago, is planned Dec. 4 at the Marriott Hotel, sponsored by First Interstate Bank of Oklahoma NA. Adams also is a professor and member of the Board of Advisors of the American Bankers Association Trust School and National Graduate Trust School. . .
- B. Kay Calame has become a member of the Day Hewett & Federman law firm, 1 N. Hudson Ave.
Calame's practice emphasis is in general corporate and securities law.
- William B. Federman, of Day Hewett & Federman, 1 N. Hudson Ave., will be a speaker at the American Bar Association Litigation Section annual meeting in Philadelphia Oct. 19.
Federman will discuss "Litigation Arising from Failed Limited Partnerships" at the meeting. Federman's practice emphasis is in securities and commercial litigation. . .
- Laura L. Cross of Miller, Dollarhide, Dawson & Shaw will represent the Oklahoma City law firm at several healthcare programs this month.
Cross will present an eight-hour in-house program on "Legal Issues for Supervisors" for St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa Wednesday, followed by presentation Saturday at the fall workshop of the Oklahoma Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates in Oklahoma City. …