Call for Papers: Reducing Poverty through Export Strategies
Said, Anton, International Trade Forum
In 2006, ITC's Executive Forum is working with its network to organize its annual global debate on strategic approaches to enhance competitiveness and export performance.
Executive Forum debate
The debate, which will be held in Berlin, Germany in late September 2006, will focus on the theme: "Export development and poverty reduction: Linkages and implications for export strategy-makers".
* Export competitiveness and poverty reduction: Complementary or competing objectives?
* Pro-poor export strategy: What works - a national, regional or municipal approach?
* Bringing the poor into the export process: Is SouthSouth trade the answer?
* Bringing the poor into the export process: Is linking small producers and big exporters a solution?
* Bringing the poor into the export process: A question of education or entrepreneurship?
* Bringing the poor into the export process: Is access to finance the trigger?
* Gender and export-led poverty reduction: A strategic imperative?
* The fair trade initiative: Sustainable commercial opportunity or development trap?
* Export and poverty: Impact measurement - what are the verifiers? …