News and Notes from IREM® Headquarters
Landing the deals
* Trammell Crow Company, AMO, made several business transactions:
* It leased 7,205 square feet to Daimler Chrysler at the Troy Technology Park in Troy, Mich.
* It leased space to JP Morgan Chase at the ABC Warehouse Center Bank in Township, Mich.
* It leased 2,100 square feet to Jimmy John's, a gourmet sandwich chain, at the City Center Plaza in Southfield, Mich.
* It leased 800 square feet to Your Good Faith Tax & Accounting Service in the Grand Seven Shopping Center in Redford, Mich.
* It leased 4,543 square feet to rue21, a specialty fashion retailer, at the Maple-Hill Pavilion mall in Oshtemo Township, Mich.
* It leased 210,000 square feet of bulk distribution space to Parksite Inc., at the Madison Industrial Park in Tampa, Fla.
* It leased 107,925 square feet of bulk distribution space to Carrier Sales and Distribution, a division of Carrier Corp., in Building 2 of the Port Ybor project in Tampa, Fla.
* Divaris Real Estate, which comprises Divaris Property Management Corp., AMO, announced the following deals:
* It leased 3,123 square feet of office space to NationsFirst Mortgage of Virginia Inc. in the Rosehall Professional Centre in Virginia Beach, Va.
* It leased 10,029 square feet of office space to the Sunset Mortgage Co. in Block 3 of the Town Center of Virginia Beach in Virginia Beach, Va.
* It leased 2,435 square feet of office space for Sorenson Communications in The Gallery in Virginia Beach, Va.
* It leased 10,000 square feet of office space to Strayer University in the Town Center in Virginia Beach, Va.
* It leased 3,924 square feet of office space to Dermalogica Inc., a division of the Dermal Group in the Quorum in Dallas.
* It leased 6,000 square feet of office/warehouse space to Gruma Corporation Inc., doing business as Mission Foods in the Battlefield Lakes Technology Center in Chesapeake, Va.
* It leased 6,192 square feet of office space to Hayes, Seay, Mattern & Mattern, an architectural and engineering consulting firm in Raleigh, N.C.
* ContraVest Builders, which comprises ContraVest Management, AMO, was awarded a $29 million construction contract to build a 368-unit apartment community in the Lake Nona area of Orlando, Fla., to be known as the Reserve at Beachline.
* David Lane, CPM, president and CEO of Ridgway Lane and Associates in Jackson, Miss., has started a software and services company for homeowner's associations, Homeowner Communities Online Inc.
* Trey Carswell has joined Trammel! Crow Co., AMO, in Tampa, Fla., as a senior associate. He will provide brokerage services to the Tampa market.
* Richard Elam, CPM, has joined Regis Property Management, LLC in Dallas as president. Elam comes from Dallas-based P.M. Realty Group where he served as vice president.
* William J. Gordon has joined Divaris Real Estate, Inc., AMO, in Rockville, Md. …