Federal Government Auditing: Laws, Regulations, Standards, Practices & Sarbanes-Oxley
Federal Government Auditing: Laws, Regulations, Standards, Practices & Sarbanes-Oxley Edward F. Keamey, CGFM, CPA, Roldan Femandez, CGFM, CPA, Jeffrey W. Green, CPA, Cornelius E. Tiemey, CGFM, CPA ISBN: 0-471-74048-9 Paperback 344 pages December 2005 $75
A Practical, Authoritative Guide to Federal Government Auditing
Federal Government Auditing is a comprehensive, easy-to-use guide to the unique requirements of federal government auditing-requirements that can confound you if you don't deal with them every day. This information-packed, single-source reference is ideal for auditors of federal agencies and programs and financial dealings subject to audits by the federal government. It gives you up-to-date information on the applicable laws, regulations and audit standards.
Written in a nontechnical style and complete with helpful exhibits, this guide is a "go-to" reference for government auditors, inspectors general, public accountants, military comptrollers, legislators, state and local government auditors, budget offices, financial managers and financial analysts. The information also applies to contractors and grantees, universities and other nonprofits and organizations that have repeated financial dealings with the federal government.
Created for both professionals and others performing federal government audits, this concise, yet comprehensive guide:
* Features an easy-to-use format that enables you to pinpoint needed information quickly
* Provides detailed guidance on what, why, how and by whom federal audits should be made
* Covers federal financial statements, budgeting, accounting, and more
* Covers Sarbanes-Oxley, including background information, the implications for federal audits, OMB, GAO initiatives, section 404 and more
* Describes the scope and work required in an audit of federal departments and agencies
* Includes real-life examples of federal audits
*Has separate chapters devoted to single audits, performance audits, procurement and contract audits, and grant audits
This resource was written by four CPAs who are principals and/or partners at AG A Professional Corporate Partner Kearney & Company, a large regional firm that specializes in providing auditing, accounting and information technology services to the federal government. …