1927: Kiss in a Taxi, Easy Come, Easy Go, The Poor Nut, Synthetic Sin, One of the Family, The Patsy, The Creaking Chair, Sure Fire, High Stakes, American Born, The Last of Mrs. Cheyney, Seventh Heaven, Hell's Bells, Connie Goes Home, Sinner, The Night Cap, My Country, Gertie, The Four Flusher.
1928: Grounds for Divorce, Oh Mama, Funny Little Thing, Service for Two, Wasp's Nest, The Dust Heap, The Marquise.
Billboard, December 6, 1919-December 27, 1930.
California Graphic, Aguust 22, 1925-September 1928.
Los Angeles Evening-Express, March 13, 1923-December 31, 1929.
Los Angeles Examiner, January 1, 1920-December 31, 1929.
Los Angeles Times, January 1, 1919-March 15, 1931.
Variety, March 7, 1919-July 30, 1930.
Bokar Camille N. R. "An Historical Sutdy of the Legitimate Theatre in Los Angeles, 1920-1929, and Its Relation to the National Theatrical Scene." Ph.D. dissertation, University of Southern California, 1973.
Schoen Leonard. "A Historical Study of Oliver Morosco's Long Run Premiere Productions in Los Angeles, 1905-1922." Ph.D. dissertation, University of Southern California, 1971.
Sorrells Roy W. "The Los Angeles Theatre Activities of Oliver Morosco." Master's thesis, California State University, Long Beach, 1966. Details the history of the Morosco Theatre Stock Company from 1913 to 1922.
Camille N. R. Bokar and Weldon B. Durham
MOZART PLAYERS. The Mozart Players heralded the return of dramatic stock to Elmira, New York's Mozart Theatre when they opened there on Labor Day, 1914. Built in 1908, the Mozart Theatre, located at 311-313 East Market Street between Baldwin and Lake streets, had been the home of two resident stock companies from 1910 to 1912: the Robyns and Dorner Players and the Stanford and Western Players. However, when the White Rats of America, purchased the theatre in 1912, it became a vaudeville and motion picture house. Apparently Elmirans were not satisfied with this situation, for several Elmira businessmen banded together in 1914 to purchase the theatre and reopen it to a stock organization.
The Mozart was renovated in the summer of 1914 under the eye of the theatre's new manager, Malcolm D. Gibson. Gibson also owned and managed Elmira's vaudeville theatre, the Majestic. Orchestra and balcony boxes were constructed and a new Smith two-manual pipe organ was installed. Advertised as having the unique capability of producing the sounds of a forty-two piece orchestra, the organ was an object of local pride. For this reason, musical direction was a focal point for the new resident dramatic company.