pages with two columns of print and was published on alternate weeks with The Native American.* At first it circulated only among the students and school personnel, and most of the content was contributed by students. 1
It ceased publication under a congressional act of 1919 that suspended government publications not authorized by the Joint Committee on Public Printing. The material that had been theretofore published in The Campus was published under The Native American title, which was not suspended. The Campus resumed publication on March 5, 1921.
Its content remained entirely local: news of literary programs, YMCA, sewing room activities, athletics, painting and plumbing shops, the hospital, the band, and other departments and activities. It was sent free to Indian schools in Arizona and New Mexico and to boarding schools elsewhere upon request. The editor of The Campus from its establishment to this time was John Brookings Brown, superintendent of the school. How long the newsletter was published is uncertain.
Index Sources: None
Location Sources: DLC; DSI-BAE
Title and Title Changes: The Campus ( 1915- 1921)
Volume and Issue Data: The Campus (Vol. 7, No. 5, March 5, 1921-Vol. 7, No. 10, May 4, 1921)
Publisher and Place of Publication: Phoenix Indian School, Phoenix, Arizona ( 1915- 1921)
Editor: John Brookings Brown ( 1915-1921)
THE CARLISLE ARROW. See THE CARLISLE ARROW AND RED MAN
The Carlisle Arrow and Red Man was first published as The Arrow on August 25, 1904, at the U.S. Indian Industrial School at Carlisle, Pennsylvania. It was published weekly, printed by students, and devoted to the interests of the "progressive" Indian. Its aim was to extol the virtues of U.S. Indian education policy: