countries. Until the root causes of unequal development have been dealt with, the PHC and other programmes will effectively remain little more than palliatives.
1. Cheetham R. J., and Hawkins E. K. The Philippines: Priorities and Prospects for Development ( The World Bank, Washington D.C., 1976).
2. Jayasuriya J., and Hill H. "The economy," in M. J. May and F. Nemenzo (eds.). The Philippines after Marcos ( Croom Helm, London, 1985), 130-151.
3. Villegas E. M. (ed.). Studies in Philippine Political Economy ( Silangan Publishers, Manila, 1984).
4. Phillips D. R. "Primary health care in the Philippines: banking on the barangays?" Social Science and Medicine 23, no. 10 ( 1986), 1105-17.
5. Economist Intelligence Unit. Quarterly Economic Review of the Philippines, No. 3, 1985 ( EIU, London).
6. Sacerdoti G., and Galang J. "Seeds of change." Far Eastern Economic Review, October 31, 103-110 ( 1985).
7. Economist Business Brief. "Taking ASEAN seriously." The Economist 298 ( 7433), 76-77 ( 1986).
8. David R. S. (ed.). Political Economy of Philippine Commodities ( Third World Studies Program, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, 1983).
9. Huke R. E. Shadows on the Land: An Economic Geography of the Philippines ( Bookmark, Manila, 1963).
10. Salita D. C., and Juanico M. B. "Local impacts and vulnerabilities of industrial development in developing countries: the Philippine Industrial Estates. " Asian Geographer 2( 1), 27-36 ( 1983).
11. Burley T. M. The Philippines: An Economic and Social Geography ( London, Bell, 1973).
12. Angara A. A. "Development of health services in the Philippines," in J. A. R. Miles (ed.). Public Health Progress in the Pacific ( Helmstedt, GeoWissenschaftliche Geselischaft, 1984), 26-44.
13. Tan E. A. Overseas Employment Policy and Remittances. Discussion Paper, School of Economics, University of the Philippines, Diliman ( 1984).
14. Reforma M. A. "The Rural Health Practice Program: an evaluation of the rural health service requirement for health professionals." Philippine Journal of Public Administration 21( 2), 1977, 156-175.
15. Republic of the Philippines. 1983-1987 Health Plan ( Ministry of Health, Manila, 1981).
16. May R. J. "Muslim and tribal Filipinos," in M. J. May and F. Nemenzo (eds.). The Philippines after Marcos ( Croom Helm, London, 1985), 110-129.
17. Wurfel D. "The succession struggle," in M. J. May and F. Nemenzo (eds.). The Philippines after Marcos ( Croom Helm, London, 1985), 17-44.
18. Bannerman R. H., Burton J., and Ch'en W. C. Traditional Medicine and Health Care Coverage ( World Health Organization, Geneva, 1983).
19. Joseph A. E., and Phillips D. R. Accessibility and Utilization: Geographical Perspectives on Health Care Delivery ( Harper and Row, London, 1985).