1. AAHPER Youth Fitness Test Manual. AAHPER - NEA, Fitness Department, 1201 Sixteenth St., N.W., Washington 6, D.C., 1967.
2. Bookwalter, Karl W., and Bookwalter, Carolyn W.: "A Measure of Motor Fitness for College". Bulletin of the School of Education, Indiana University, Vol. 19, No. 2, March, 1953.
3. Bookwalter, Karl W.: "Test Manual for Indiana University Motor Fitness Indices for High School and College Men". Research Quart., Vol. 14, No. 4, December, 1943.
4. Esslinger, Arthur: Unpublished data. University, of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon.
5. Franklin, C. C., and Lehsten, N. G.: "Indiana Physical Fitness Tests for the Elementary Level (Grades 4-8)". The Physical Educator, Vol. 5, No. 3, May, 1948.
6. Kalameti, J. L.: Measurement of Maximum Muscular Power in Man. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University, Doctoral Dissertation, 1968.
7. Larson, Leonard A.: "Some Findings Resulting from the Army, Air Forces Physical Training Program". Research Quart., Vol. 17, No. 2, May, 1946.
8. Margaria, R., Aghemo, Piero, and Rovelli, E.: Appl. Physiol., 21:1662-1664. September, 1966.
9. Metheny, Eleanor (Chairman, Committee Report): "Physical Performance Levels for High School Girls". J. Health & Phys. Educ., Vol. 16, No. 6, June, 1945.
10. Motor Fitness Tests for Oregon Schools. State Department of Education, Salem, Oregon, 1962.
11. Phillips, B. E.: The JCR Test. Research Quart., Vol. 18, No. 1, March, 1947.
12. Physical Fitness Manual for the U. S. Navy, Chapter IV. Bureau of Naval Personnel, Training Division, Physical Section, 1943.
13. Physical Performance Test for California (Revised). California State Department of Education, Sacramento, 1971.
14. Sargent, Dudley A.: "The Physical Test of a Man". Am. Phys. Ed. Rev., 26:188-194, April, 1921.
15. State of Indiana: Physical Fitness Manual for High School Boys. Bulletin No. 136. Department of Public Instruction, Indiana, 1944.
16. State of Indiana: Physical Fitness Manual for High School Girls. Bulletin No. 137. (Revised). Department of Public Instruction, Indiana, 1944.
17. Tunney, J. J.: The Physical Fitness Program of the U. S. Navy. J. Health & Phys. Educ., Vol. 13, No. 10, December, 1942.
18. Vigor: A Complete Exercise Plan for Boys 12-18. Prepared by President's Council on Physical Fitness. Superintendent of Documents, U. S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D. C. 20402.
19. War Department Field Manual, FM 21-20.
20. Youth Physical Fitness Manual. President's Council on Youth Fitness. Superintendent of Documents, U. S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D. C. 20402, July, 1961.