(1) Davenport, Reuben B. The Death-blow to Spiritualism. New York: Arno Press, 1976, 247 pp. (reprint of the 1888 edition).
(2) Flournoy, T. From India to the Planet Mars. New Hyde Park, N.Y.: University Books, 1963 (reprint of 1900 edition).
(3) Jackson, H. C., Jr. The Spirit Rappers: The Strange Story of Kate and Maggie Fox. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, 1972.
(4) Keene, M. L. The Psychic Mafia. New York: St.Martin's Press, 1976.
(5) McKay, C. Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. New York: Noonday, 1970 (originally published in 1841).
(6) Sargent, W. The Mind Possessed. New York: Penguin, 1974.
(7) Seybert Commission. Preliminary Report of the Commission Appointed by the University of Pennsylvania to Investigate Modern Spiritualism in Accordance with the Request of the Late Henry Seybert. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott, 1920(reprint of the 1887 edition).
(8) Wilhelm, J. The Search for Superman. New York: Pocket Books, 1976.